Make Transporting A Motorcycle Easy As Possible With A Loader
Unless you have a well-built loader with you, loading your bike onto a pickup truck or RV can be a risky affair that’s fraught with a lot of danger. As a matter of fact, you can seriously damage your bike and harm yourself if you attempt to load your bike without using a loader. Even though getting a good motorcycle loader is usually a priority for riders who are constantly on the move with their bikes, every bike owner is encouraged to have one.
There are certain factors though that one must take into consideration when looking for a motorcycle loader. It is important to get a loader which can handle the weight of your bike. There are different motorcycle loaders in the market so take your time and choose one that’s within the weight range of your bike. You should also take note of the material used to build the loader, even though those built from steel are stronger, they tend to weigh much more and are prone to rust. You should also check on the warranty being offered on the loader, especially on the moving parts and the winch as they have been identified as weak links.
1. Condor Cycle Loader – Motorcycle Chock
The condor cycle loader is a fully adjustable wheel locking towing system capable of accommodating front and rear wheel of your motorcycle.
- The cycle loader is used in the towing industry to transport disabled or functional motorcycles on roll-backs.
- The adjustable locking mechanism is identical to the Condor Wheel Chocks.
- 2″ ground clearance with front wheels measuring 40″ wide, rear wheels 36″ wide.
- The channel is 7.5″ wide x 36″ long.
- Item Weight: 76 pounds.
- Steel construction – black powder coated for durability.
2. BA Products Motorcycle Dolly, Cycle Loader for Rollback
- The cycle dolly supports motorcycle allowing the cycle to be pulled up with a winch.
- Provides for easy one-person operation.
- Disassembles to fit in a 24″ long toolbox.
- Zinc-plated, steel dolly includes two 6′ and four 16′ straps plus ratchets.
- It as a 900 lb. Capacity.
3. Motorcycle Wheel Chock Stand Mount Truck Trailer Floor Lift
- Motorcycle wheel chock comes with a weight: 33 lbs.
- Adjustable front wheel stops to accommodate 15” to 22” size wheels and 1800 lb. cap.
- Superior powder coat finishes resisting rust and corrosion.
- Mounts to your trailer, truck, or any flat surface.
- Overall dimension: 36”L x 35”W x 16”H.
4. MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- 3-position adjustable holes on wheelbase to accommodate various motorcycle wheels.
- Includes hardware and mounts securely to the floor, truck or trailer.
- Locks your tire as you roll it into your wheel chock; Easy for one person to strap-down a motorcycle.
- Heavy-duty steel construction; Durable powder coat finish resisting rust and corrosion.
- Overall Dimensions of this wheel chock is 24″ L x 9-3/4″ W x 12-7/8″ H, Base Dimensions: 15-5/8″ L x 10-5/8″ Width.
5. Extreme Max Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock
The Extreme Max Motorcycle Wheel Chock is sleek, stable, and solid. Drive your bike onto the chock and the rear wheel cradle locks the front wheel securely in place.
- Solid front crossbar and boot provide maximum stability.
- Durable steel and textured semi-gloss black powder coat provide heavy-duty strength and good looks.
- Multiple rear wheel cradle adjustments fit wheels perfectly.
- Designed to hold 17″ – 21″ wheels between 3-5/32″ – 7-3/32″ wide.
- Easy bolt-together assembly.
- Item Weight: 21.9 pounds.
- Product Dimensions: 10.7 x 23 x 1.8 inches.
Here are some of the best loaders available in the market:
1) Product Name: the Load All 640 V2, 800V2
Product Details: this newly redesigned and fully tested loader has a handling capacity of 1300lbs and is constructed from 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions with built-in support to boot. It is available in different sizes for the short and long bed pickups. This long bed version does measure some 48.75 inches in width a length of 96 inches and a height of 5 inches. The system is self-storing and is also fast and easy to operate and install. It is worth noting also that it has a non-skid surface, just to enhance the safety concerns for all users. Custom sizes of this loader are available, ensuring there is something for everyone.
2) Product Name: the Winch Motorcycle loader
Product Details: this is another safe bike loader that weighs less than 200 pounds and is easy to operate, as a matter of fact, one person can easily operate the loader as it takes only 90 seconds to remove it or put back onto a truck. It is worth noting that the loader does allow for storage and at the same time allows users to pull a trailer. The loading system does provide the ability to clean or service the bike at waist height, leaving at least 6 feet of the bike protruding from the back of the truck and in the service position due to the structural integrity of the ball bearing systems and the tempered aluminum.
3) Product Name: Mountain Master Motorcycle Loader
Product Details: this is a heavy duty loader which can carry big bikes and is easy to install in a short or long bed truck. The installation instructions are included with the loader and it also comes with a fully integrated wiring system. It does have a remote control facility with access plug and an integrated operational switch. The winch can pull 3000 pounds and has a heavy duty cable with a heavy duty cable. It is also easy to operate as one person can easily take charge and load a bike.
4) Product Name: Aluminum Winch Powered Motorcycle Loader
Product Details: this is an all aluminum loader that transforms your pickup truck into a safe and affordable way to transport your bike. It is relatively lightweight, weighing 210 pounds. It is a tailgate-friendly loader which allows the user to load a bike in a fast and safe manner using the easy to operate tie-down points and a 12 V sealed and all-weather winch, it does also pack some sealed ball bearing rollers. It can comfortably load a 1300 pound motorcycle and is made from tempered aluminum construction which is treated to a T6 alloy which gives it a similar tensile strength as that of mild steel. It is sold with a 3-year warranty.
5) Product Name: Fast Master Motorcycle Pickup Loader
Product Details: designed to be a cost-effective way to transport and load a full-size bike in the bed of a pickup truck, it eliminates the use of boards. Comes with a locking wheel chock on the platform assembly with ratchet tie down straps, It is powered by a 3000-pound electric winch with a heavy duty cable. It has a remote controlled switch that slowly pulls the bike up the loader and onto the pickup bed and can accommodate the standard 6’-6”, 5’-6” and the 8’ bed lengths. It does allow for the tailgate of the pick up to be closed on the 6’-6” and the 5’-6” models. It is also easy to dismantle and install.